Ingredients & Directions
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 2 medium red potato, cut into cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large green pepperor red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 pound cooked corned beef brisket, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsleyor fines herbes
- 1 tablespoon white apple cider vinegar
- 6 egg
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Heat the broth in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Add the potatoes. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the pepper, onion and celery. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir the potatoes and corned beef in the skillet. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
Pour water into a 12-inch deep-sided skillet to 2 inches deep and heat to a simmer. Do not boil. Stir in the vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a cup and pour it gently into the water. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Gently push the egg whites closer to the yolks. Turn off the heat and cover the skillet. Let stand for 4 minutes or until the egg whites are set. Remove the eggs from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cover and keep warm.
Heat the soup and cream in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring often.
Spoon the potato mixture into the pastry shells. Top each with 1 egg. Spoon the soup mixture over the eggs. Serve immediately.