Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese(about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup cranberry chutney
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves(optional)
Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 25 (2 1/4-inch) squares.
Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese in the center of each pastry square. Top each with about 1/2 teaspoon chutney and about 1/2 teaspoon walnuts. Brush 2 opposite pastry corners with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry corners up over the filling and and press firmly to seal, then fold over to one side, forming an open-ended envelope. Brush the filled pastries with the egg mixture. Place the pastries onto 2 baking sheets.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Sprinkle the pastries with the thyme before serving, if desired.