Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cans (6.5 ounces each ) chopped clams, drained
- 1 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend(mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiago)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14x12-inch rectangle. Place the pastry onto a baking sheet. Brush the edges of the pastry with water. Fold over the edges 1/2 inch on all sides, crimping with a fork to form a rim. Prick the center of the pastry thoroughly with a fork. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Cook the bacon in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Drain the bacon on paper towels. Crumble the bacon.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the oregano, garlic and clams. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Spoon the onion mixture onto the pastry. Sprinkle with the bacon, cheese and parsley.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Let the pastry cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut the pastry into 24 pieces.