Ingredients & Directions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 8 slices deli ham (Black Forest)
- 4 slices deli Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Sprinkle the flour on the work suface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 4 (6-inch) squares. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg mixture.
With a corner of 1 pastry facing you, place 2 slices ham and 1 slice cheese on the bottom half of the pastry. Fold the pastry over the filling to form a triangle and press the edges to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastries. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Sprinkle the pastries with the confectioners' sugar. Serve with the maple syrup.