Ingredients & Directions
- 8 ounces (1/2 of a 16-ounce package) pitted frozen sweetened cherries, thawed, drained and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces thawed frozen whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powderor confectioners sugar
Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the cherries and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 9 (3-inch) circles. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 18 in all.
Beat the pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl with a whisk for 1 minute. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons pudding mixture on each bottom pastry layer. Top each with about 1 tablespoon whipped topping and about 1 tablespoon cherry mixture. Top with the top pastry layers. Sprinkle with the cocoa powder.