Ingredients & Directions
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ounces (1/4 of an 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup blueberry preservesor strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
Stir the cinnamon and 4 tablespoons granulated sugar in a small bowl. Stir the cream cheese and remaining sugar in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Brush the pastry sheet with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture. With the short side facing you, cut the pastry sheet lengthwise into 6 strips. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 12 in all.
Twist 1 pastry strip then coil into a spiral. Place the pastry onto the baking sheet. Brush the end of the spiral with the remaining butter and tuck tightly under the bottom of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips. Place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon preserves in the center of each pastry.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Place the confectioners' sugar into a small bowl. Stir in the milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is desired consistency. Drizzle over the pastries. Sprinkle with the almonds.