Ingredients & Directions
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 jar (7.4 ounces) roasted peeled chestnuts, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 16 dried figs, stems removed, cut in quarters (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2.5 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- Swanson® Organic Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package (12 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Cubed Stuffing
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Heat the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add the chestnuts and figs and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the honey and broth and heat to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the parsley and stuffing and mix lightly. Season to taste. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.