Ingredients & Directions
- 12 slices Pepperidge Farm® Swirl Cinnamon Breakfast Bread, any variety, cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 2.5 cups milk
- 4 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream(optional)
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Place the bread cubes into a lightly greased 2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate pieces over the bread cubes. Beat the milk, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes. Stir and press the bread cubes into the milk mixture to coat.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with the whipped cream, if desired.