Ingredients & Directions
- 1 canister (14.1 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Pirouette® Chocolate Fudge Creme Filled Wafers
- 4 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons sweet dry Marsala wine
- 4 ounces mascarponecheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup grated bittersweet dark chocolate
Reserve 8 whole wafers for garnish. Cut the remaining wafers into 2-inch-long pieces.
Beat the egg yolks and granulated sugar in the top pan of a double boiler over hot water with a whisk for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
Stir the coffee, wine and cheese in the pan. Cook and stir with a whisk for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the double boiler. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
Beat the heavy cream, vanilla extract and confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Divide the espresso cream among 8 glasses. Top each with about 1/2 cup wafter pieces. Divide the whipped cream and the chocolate among the glasses. Garnish each with 1 whole wafer.