Ingredients & Directions
- 2 packages (10 ounces each ) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells, prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 of a 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate pieces(about 1 cup), melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, shaved into curls
Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Dip the bottoms of the pastry shells into the melted chocolate and place onto the baking sheet. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm.
Stir the cocoa powder and water in a 1-quart saucepan. Stir in the rum and chopped chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until the chocolate is melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Gradually stir half the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks. Return the egg mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Spoon the mousse into the pastry shells. Sprinkle with additional cocoa powder and top with the chocolate curls. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.