Ingredients & Directions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.5 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Organic Chicken Broth
- Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Cornbread Stuffing
- 1/2 cup drained chopped jarred chestnuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
Heat the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Add the broth, stuffing, chestnuts, cherries and bacon to the saucepan and mix lightly. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole. Cover the casserole.
Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.