Ingredients & Directions
- 1.5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolk
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 medium banana
- 1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells, prepared according to package directions
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
Beat the flour, egg yolks and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk.
Heat the heavy cream and sugar in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir half the cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Return the egg mixture to the saucepan and heat just to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the mixture is thickened. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the ice cream. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Coarsely chop the bananas and stir into the egg mixture. Place the pastry shells onto 6 plates. Spoon the banana mixture into and over the pastry shells. Drizzle with the chocolate syrup.