Ingredients & Directions
- 1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Beef Gravy or 1 1/4 cups Swanson® Beef Gravy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Prepare the pastry shells according to the package directions. While the pastry shells are baking, season the beef as desired. Heat half the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic powder and thyme and cook until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir the gravy in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the sour cream. Return the beef to the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot. Season to taste. Spoon the beef mixture into the pastry shells. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Tip: To make slicing easier, freeze the beef for 1 hour.