Ingredients & Directions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika(hot or mild)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Campbell's® Condensed Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup shredded boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
Heat the butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the parsley, garlic and paprika. Sprinkle in the flour and stir well. Whisk in the broth. Reduce the heat to low. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until the mixture is thickened.
Stir in the chicken and olives and cook for 3 minutes or until the chicken is hot. Remove the skillet from the heat. Let cool for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
Heat the oven to 400°F. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares, making 18 in all. Roll out on a lightly floured surface or pick up and stretch each square to 4x4-inches in size.
Place about 1 tablespoon chicken mixture in the center of each square. Fold the pastry over the filling to make a triangle and pinch the edges together to seal. Place the empanadas onto the baking sheet. Crimp the edges of the empanadas with a fork.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the empanadas are golden brown.