Ingredients & Directions
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 medium carrot, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 cups Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1.5 pounds fresh or thawed frozen firm white fish fillet (cod, haddock, or halibut) (6 fillets)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Heat the water, 2 tablespoons butter, carrots and pepper in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
Spoon the stuffing across the center of a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Arrange the fish on each side of the stuffing.
Heat the remaining butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat until it's melted. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Spoon the butter mixture over the fish.
Bake at 400°F. for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.