Ingredients & Directions
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/2 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese(about 2 ounces)
- 2 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons finely shredded fresh basil leavesor 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
Top 4 bread slices with half the cheese. Top with the tomato, basil and remaining cheese. Season with the black pepper and top with the remaining bread slices.
Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the sandwiches in batches and cook until they're lightly browned on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a chilled salad of cooked penne pasta, bell pepper strips and goat cheese in a light vinaigrette. For dessert serve strawberry sorbet sprinkled with crumbled vanilla meringue cookies.
Recipe Note: This recipe can be halved to make 2 servings.