Ingredients & Directions
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 10 (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Brush the pineapple slices with the oil. Grill the pineapple slices for 5 minutes or until tender, turning them over once halfway through grilling. Cut each pineapple slice into quarters.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Place the pastry sheet onto a baking sheet. Brush the edges of the pastry with water. Fold over the edges 1/2 inch on all sides, crimping with a fork to form a rim. Prick the center of the pastry thoroughly with a fork. Brush the pastry with the egg.
Arrange the pineapple pieces on the pastry, overlapping slightly. Stir the brown sugar, mint and ginger in a small bowl. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pineapple.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let the pastry cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the coconut. Serve warm with the ice cream.