Ingredients & Directions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1.25 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves(4 chicken breast halves)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-pounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 4 slices (1 ounce each ) cooked deli ham
- 4 slices (1 ounce each ) Swiss cheese
Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold the pastry on the floured surface. Roll the pastry into a 14-inch square and cut it into 4 (7-inch) squares. Spread 1 teaspoon mustard on each square. Top each with 1 slice ham, 1 slice cheese and 1 chicken breast half. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg mixture. Fold the corners to the center on top of the chicken and pinch the edges to seal. Place the pastries seam-side down on a shallow-sided baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.