Ingredients & Directions
- 2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Double Fiber Bread
- 8 slices reduced sodium deli ham(about 6 ounces)
- 8 slices Muenster cheeseor provolone cheese (about 6 ounces)
Spray a 12-inch skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the onions and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the vinegar and cook for 2 minutes or until the onions are tender.
Top 2 bread slices with the ham, cheese, onion mixture and remaining bread slices.
Spray the skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the sandwiches and cook until they're lightly browned on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Tip: This recipe can be halved to make 2 servings.