Ingredients & Directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 2 cups cubed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 3 cups cooked carrotor your favorite cooked vegetables
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
Heat the oven to 375°F.
Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the broth. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the chicken, ham and vegetables. Pour the chicken mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
Unfold the pastry sheet and place it over the chicken mixture. Trim the excess pastry. Press the pastry to the rim to seal.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Ingredient Note: This recipe is a great way to use up leftover vegetables. Or you can use your favorite frozen vegetable combination- just prepare according to the package directions first.