Ingredients & Directions
- 6 whole dried figs, stems removed
- 1 cup hot water
- 3.5 tablespoons honey
- 2 ounces (1/2 of a 4-ounce package) pancetta or 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 0.333 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
Stir the figs, water and 2 tablespoons honey in a medium bowl. Let stand for 1 hour. Drain the figs well in a colander. Coarsely chop the figs.
Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the pancetta, chopped figs, rosemary, cheese and remaining honey in a medium bowl.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 (2 1/2-inch wide) strips. Discard the remaining pastry. Cut each pastry strip into 4 (2 1/2-inch) squares, making 12 in all. Press the pastry squares into 12 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin-pan cups. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons pancetta mixture into each pastry square.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the pan and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Garnish with additional fresh rosemary, if desired.