Ingredients & Directions
- 2 slices Pepperidge Farm® White Sandwich Calcium Enriched Bread, torn into pieces
- 0.333 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds (fresh or thawed frozen) tilapiaor other firm white fish fillets (3 to 4 ounces each ) (8 fillets)
- 1 egg, beaten
Place the bread, cheese, garlic, thyme and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until fine crumbs form. Slowly add the olive oil and blend until the crumbs are moistened.
Arrange the fish in a 17 x 11-inch shallow roasting pan. Brush the fish with the egg. Divide the bread crumb mixture evenly over the fish.
Bake at 400°F. for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and the crumb topping is golden brown.
Easy Substitution: Cod, haddock or halibut work well in this recipe, too!