Ingredients & Directions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese(about 4 ounces)
- 2 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1.5 teaspoons coarse sea salt
Heat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Stir the cream cheese, pepper Jack cheese and jalapeño peppers in a medium bowl.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Using a round cutter, cut the pastry sheet into 12 (2-inch) circles. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in the center of each of 12 pastry circles. Brush the edges of the pastry circles with the egg mixture. Place the remaining pastry circles over the filling. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush the filled pastries with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the salt. Using a sharp knife, cut small slits in the tops of the pastries. Place the pastries on the baking sheets.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.