Ingredients & Directions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a (17.3-ounce package) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
- 1 can (about 16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 green onion, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold the pastry on the floured surface. Cut the pastry into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 2 rectangles, making 6 rectangles in all. Place the pastries 2-inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake the pastries for 15 minutes or until they're golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
Heat the beans in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Split the pastries into 2 layers, making 12 layers in all. Spread the beans on 6 bottom layers. Top with the cheese, green chiles and the top layers. Spread the top layers evenly with sour cream and sprinkle evenly with tomato, green onions and cilantro.