Ingredients & Directions
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 small green pepperor red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halvesor thighs, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 loaf (11 3/4 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Mozzarella and Garlic Loaf, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa - Mild
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers and cook until they're tender. Remove the peppers from the skillet and set aside.
Sprinkle the chicken with the chili powder. Add the remaining oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Return the peppers to the skillet and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Spoon the chicken mixture on the bottom bread half and top with the remaining bread half. Cut the sandwich into quarters. Serve with the salsa, if desired.