Ingredients & Directions
- 2 slices Pepperidge Farm® White Family Size Sandwich Calcium Enriched Bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 50 pimento-stuffed olives
- 2 jars (16 ounces each ) Pace® Picante Sauce - Medium
Place the bread and milk in a large bowl and let the bread absorb the milk. Add the beef, eggs, onion, garlic, parsley and black pepper to the bread mixture and mix thoroughly. Shape the beef mixture firmly into 50 (1-inch) meatballs, placing 1 olive in center of each meatball. Place the meatballs in a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
Place the meatballs in a 6-quart saucepot. Add the picante sauce and cook over medium heat until the meatball mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the meatballs with wooden picks.