Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound thin asparagusspears, trimmed
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon(Juice and grated zest from 1 Meyer lemon or 1 medium lemon)
Heat the oven to 400°F. Unfold the pastry sheet on a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score a line 1/2-inch inside the edge of the pastry sheet to form a border. Prick the pastry sheet inside the border with a fork.
Sprinkle half the cheese on the pastry sheet inside the border. Place the asparagus in a large bowl. Add the oil, black pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest and toss to coat. Arrange the asparagus on top of the cheese, stacking to fit, if needed.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese before serving.
Ingredient Note: If you have thicker asparagus spears, slice them in half lengthwise before using in this recipe.
Serving Suggestion: Turn this recipe into a light supper by draping thin slices of proscuitto or thinly sliced cooked ham over the baked tart.