Ingredients & Directions
- 1 cup prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese(about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup crushed French fried onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the potatoes, sour cream, cheese, onions, chives and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 36 (2-inch) squares. Press the pastry squares into 36 (1 1/2-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon potato mixture into each tartlet shell. Sprinkle with additional crushed French fried onions, if desired.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Flavor Variation: For Loaded Baked Potato Puffs, omit the onions and garlic powder. Do not stir the chives into the potato mixture. Stir 3 strips bacon, cooked, drained and chopped into the potato mixture. Spoon the potato mixture into the pastry cups and bake as directed above. Let cool and sprinkle with the chives.