Ingredients & Directions
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium pear, chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit bits (peaches, figs, prunes and/or cranberries)
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Organic Chicken Broth
- Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fines herbes or fresh parsley
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove the onions from the skillet.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add the pears and cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Heat the broth and the remaining butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
Stir the stuffing, croutons and dried fruit in a large bowl. Add the broth mixture and mix lightly. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the eggs, herbes, onions and pears. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole.
Bake at 350°F. for 45 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.