Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces portobello mushroom, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 9 slices deli provolone cheese, cut in half and rolled up
- 2 medium tomato, thinly sliced and cut in half
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 6 rectangles, making 18 in all. Place the pastry rectangles onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split the pastries into 2 layers, making 36 in all.
Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender and the liquid is evaporated. Stir in the basil.
Place 18 bottom pastry layers onto a baking sheet. Divide the tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese among the bottom pastry layers. Top with the top pastry layers. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.