Ingredients & Directions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (about 1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheeseor Mexican cheese blend (about 4 ounces)
- 2 plum tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 green onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced pitted black olives, rinsed and drained (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
Heat the oven to 375°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Prepare the beef and taco seasoning according to the taco seasoning package directions. Remove the beef mixture from the heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16x12-inch rectangle. With a short side facing you, spoon about 1 cup beef mixture on the bottom third of the pastry to within 1-inch of the edges. Top the beef mixture with half the cheese, tomatoes, onions and olives. Starting with the short side closest to you, roll up like a jelly roll. Place the pastry seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Using a sharp knife, cut several slits in the top of each pastry.
Bake for 40 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes. Cut each pastry into 8 slices. Serve with the salsa and sour cream.