Ingredients & Directions
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 large tomato, peeled, seeded and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Certified Organic Chicken Broth
- Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm® Texas Toast Parmesan
Heat the oven to 425°F. Place the asparagus, tomatoes, onion and garlic into a 17 x 11-inch roasting pan. Pour the oil over the vegetables and toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Heat the broth in a 4-quart saucepan over high heat to a boil. Add the vegetables and shrimp. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Season to taste.
Prepare the toast slices according to the package directions. Cut the toasts into bite-size pieces. Divide the soup mixture among 4 serving bowls and top with the toast pieces.
Tip: Substitute 1 can (about 14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained, for the fresh tomatoes. Add with the broth in Step 2.
Tip: Consider featuring this soup as a light and delicious first course, served in smaller portions. Makes 8 first course servings.