Ingredients & Directions
- 6 cups peeled, seeded and diced butternut squash
- 2 medium Vidalia onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Certified Organic Chicken Broth
- Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1 package (14 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 package (about 4 ounces) chorizo sausage, chopped
Heat the oven to 400°F. Place the squash, onions and garlic into a large bowl. Add the cumin and oil and toss to coat. Spoon the squash mixture onto 2 rimmed baking sheets.
Roast for 30 minutes or until the squash mixture is lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Stir the squash mixture, cilantro, celery and broth in a large bowl. Add the stuffing and mix lightly. Stir in the sausage, if desired. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3 1/2-quart casserole. Cover the casserole.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.