Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter(1/2 stick)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1.75 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Organic Chicken Broth
- Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1 package (12 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Country Style Stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cook the sausage in a 4-quart saucepan until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Add the butter, celery, onion and apple to the saucepan and cook until the celery and onion are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the broth. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing and walnuts and mix lightly.