Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 24 (1 1/2-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
Cook the sausage and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the sausage is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat. Add the apples and cook until the apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 9x12-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 (3-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet. Press the pastry squares into the mini muffin-pan cups. Brush the pastries with the egg. Spoon about 1 tablespoon sausage mixture into each muffin-pan cup.
Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the pastries with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.