Ingredients & Directions
- 24 medium mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
Heat the oven to 425°F. Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Chop enough stems to make 1 cup.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it's melted. Brush the mushroom caps with the butter and place, top-side down, into a 3-quart shallow baking pan.
Heat the remaining butter in the saucepan until it's melted. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, onion and garlic powder and cook until the mushrooms are tender. Stir in the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Add the stuffing and mix lightly. Spoon about 1 tablespoon stuffing mixture into each mushroom cap.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the filling is hot.
Tip: To make ahead, prepare as directed above, but do not bake. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Bake as directed above.