Ingredients & Directions
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(2 sheets), thawed according to package directions
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) whipped cream cheese spread
- 8 small Boston or Bibb lettuceleaves
- 2 medium tomato, thinly sliced (16 slices)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced (16 slices)
- 8 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped smoked hamor smoked salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 2 rectangles, making 12 rectangles in all. Place the rectangles on baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until they're golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 24 in all. Set aside 8 top layers. Spread each remaining layer with 1 tablespoon cream cheese. Top 8 layers with 1 lettuce leaf and 2 tomato slices each. Top remaining 8 layers with 2 onion slices each.
Beat the eggs, milk, ham and black pepper in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook until the eggs are set but still moist.
Place the onion-topped layers on the lettuce-topped layers. Top each with 1/3 cup eggs and a reserved top pastry layer.