Ingredients & Directions
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 ounce chipotle pepper puree (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup sliced avocado
- 1 bunch watercress
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat Bread
Heat the water, lemon, peppercorns and coriander seeds in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat to a simmer. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Rinse the shrimp mixture with cold water and drain well in a colander. Discard the lemon, peppercorns and coriander seeds.
Stir the mayonnaise, chipotle pureé, lime juice, celery and onion in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and cilantro and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Divide the bacon, shrimp mixture, avocado and watercress among 4 bread slices and top with the remaining bread slices.