Ingredients & Directions
- 10 slices Pepperidge Farm® White Sandwich Calcium Enriched Bread, cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1.75 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 0.333 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 4 egg
- 3/4 cup sweetened whipped cream(optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced toasted almonds(optional)
Spray the inside of a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker with vegetable cooking spray.
Place the bread cubes into the cooker. Sprinkle with the cherries and chocolate.
Beat the milk, sugar, cocoa, almond extract and eggs in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour over the bread mixture. Stir and press the bread cubes into the milk mixture to coat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until set. Serve warm with the whipped cream and almonds, if desired.
Tip: This recipe is also delicious with white chocolate chunks instead of the semi-sweet chocolate pieces.