Ingredients & Directions
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1 pouch (13 ounces) Campbell's® Tavern Style Pot Roast
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) Pepperidge Farm® Wheat Slider Buns
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
Stir the tomatoes and sauce in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Thoroughly mix the sausage and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Shape the sausage mixture into 24 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Add the meatballs to the cooker and stir to coat.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until the meatballs are cooked through. Turn off the cooker and let stand for 10 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Layer each bun with about 1 ½ tablespoons cheese, 1 meatball and about 1 tablespoon sauce mixture. Top with the basil.