Ingredients & Directions
- 0.333 cup crème fraîche
- 1.5 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1 each of a 4-ounce package thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 sprigs fresh dill weed
- 3 teaspoons black caviar, tobiko or salmon roe (optional)
Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the crème fraîche, lemon zest and black pepper in a small bowl.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Using a round cutter, cut the pastry sheet into 12 (2-inch) circles. Place the pastry circles onto a baking sheet. Prick the pastry circles thoroughly with a fork.
Bake for 12 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Spoon 2 teaspoons crème fraîche mixture on each pastry. Top each with 1 piece salmon and 1 sprig dill. Top with the caviar, if desired.