Ingredients & Directions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 0.333 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh whole kernel cornor thawed frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup drained, rinsed black beans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese and cilantro to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Starting at a long side, roll up like a jelly roll. Press the seam to seal. Cut the pastry roll into 20 (1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto 2 baking sheets.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Gently flatten the hot pastries with a spatula. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Stir the corn, beans, onion, red pepper, jalapeño pepper, cumin and 1 teaspoon lime juice in a medium bowl.
Mash the avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in the sour cream and remaining lime juice. Season with the black pepper.
Top each pastry with about 2 teaspoons avocado mixture and 1 tablespoon corn mixture. Top with additional fresh cilantro, if desired.