Ingredients & Directions
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 0.333 cup well drained chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 0.333 cup lump crabmeat, well drained
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 3 tablespoons Japanese bread crumbs(panko)
- 1.5 tablespoons finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheeseor Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 small sprigs fresh parsley
Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the mayonnaise, sour cream and black pepper in a medium bowl. Add the spinach, artichokes and crabmeat and mix lightly.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 (2 1/2-inch wide) strips. Discard the remaining pastry. Cut each pastry strip into 4 (2 1/2-inch) squares, making 12 in all. Press the pastry squares into 12 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons crab mixture into each pastry cup. Stir the bread crumbs, cheese and oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon bread crumb mixture over each filled pastry.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Top each with 1 sprig parsley before serving.
Easy Substitution: You can substitute cooked fresh spinach for the frozen spinach in this recipe. 1 cup tightly packed fresh spinach leaves, cooked and well drained, equals the 1/4 cup needed in this recipe.