Ingredients & Directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- 4 egg
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese(about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon water
Heat the oven to 375°F.
Heat the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it's tender. Stir in the spinach.
Stir the soup, 3 eggs, cheese and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Stir in the spinach mixture.
Unfold 1 pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry into a 13 x 9-inch rectangle. Place the pastry in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spread the spinach mixture evenly over the pastry.
Roll the remaining pastry sheet into a 13 x 9-inch rectangle. Place the pastry on the spinach mixture and tuck under the edges. Stir the remaining egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture.
Bake the pastry for 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Cool the pastry in the baking dish on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut the pastry in a diamond pattern to make 35 pieces.