Ingredients & Directions
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberries(about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh peach
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
Stir the cheese, sugar, 1/2 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup peaches in a medium bowl. Spread the cheese mixture on 4 bread slices. Top with the remaining bread slices.
Beat the egg substitute, milk and vanilla extract in 2-quart shallow baking dish with a fork or whisk. Press the sandwiches into the milk mixture and turn to coat.
Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook until they're lightly browned on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Place each sandwich on 1 plate. Divide the remaining fruit among the plates and serve with the syrup.