Ingredients & Directions
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Frozen Sheets Pastry Dough (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (10 1/4 ounces) or 1 1/4 cups Swanson® Beef Gravy
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas), thawed (about 2 cups)
Set the pastry out to thaw. Heat the oven to 400°F.
Season the beef as desired. Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion and garlic powder and cook until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Stir the gravy, Worcestershire and vegetables in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot. Pour the beef mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
Unfold the pastry sheet and place it over the beef mixture. Fold the edges of the pastry under itself to fit the pie plate (this doubled edge makes for a nicer-looking crust). Using a fork, crimp the edge of the pastry to the edge of the pie plate (or you can flute the pastry edge with your fingers).
Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.