Ingredients & Directions
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse™ Sourdough Bread
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, sliced
Butter one side of the bread slices, then flip and spread the other sides with the mustard. Layer the cheese and apple between the bread slices (keeping the buttered sides on the outside).
Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted, turning over once halfway through the cooking time.