Ingredients & Directions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Honey Wheat Bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped unblanched almonds
- 1 cup dried apple, diced
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Stir the sugar, oil and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the bread cubes and almonds and toss to coat. Spread the bread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the bread cubes are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Let the mixture cool completely on the baking sheet on a wire rack.
Place the bread mixture into a large bowl or resealable container. Stir in the apples and cranberries.
Tip: You can substitute Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Cinnamon Swirl Bread for the Soft Honey Whole Wheat Bread. Just omit the dash of ground cinnamon from the recipe.