Ingredients & Directions
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 eachs golden delicious apple, peeled and cut into 32 wedges
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 0.333 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and flour in a large bowl. Add the apples and toss to coat.
Arrange the apples, cut-side up, around the inside edge of a 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet, filling in towards the center. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the brown sugar mixture is thickened. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Sprinkle additional flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into an 11-inch square. Trim the corners to form a circle. Place the pastry over the apples, tucking in the edge around the inside of the skillet.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let the tarte Tatin cool in the skillet on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully invert the tarte Tatin onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with the cranberries.
Recipe Note: When inverting the tarte Tatin, make sure to use oven mitts and hold the skillet and the serving plate together firmly. If any apples stick to the skillet, remove them and place them back onto the tarte Tatin.