Ingredients & Directions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (keep Granny Smiths on hand- they are great for both baking and eating)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
Heat the oven to 375°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Stir the granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the apples and raisins and toss to coat.
Sprinkle the remaining flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle. With the short side facing you, spoon the apple mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry sheet to within 1 inch of the edge. Roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet (this will help keep it from unrolling during baking). Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Cut 4 deep slits in the top of the pastry.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let the pastry cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar, if desired.